My grandmother used to say there was one thing a lady can’t hide about her age – her hands.
Perhaps this is why I’m verging on the obsessive about using hand cream at every possible moment throughout the day. Two of my most frequently asked questions are “does anyone have any hand cream?” and “do we have any chocolate between us?” Don’t ask me to choose if I could only have one!
Most hand creams are designed to make our hands feel soft with a quickly absorbed, nice smelling moisturising lotion. Great, ticks all the boxes or does it? The Australian company SKIN DOCTORS has created a hand cream that obviously does all of the above; but will also help your hands look 10 years younger in 6 weeks. Now that’s a hell of a claim to make. So I’m happy to report that I’ve taken the challenge and am going to use this every day for 6 weeks or as long as the 75ml tube lasts me.
It’s packaging is quite clinical, with a white and grey box with black writing. It gives it an air of authority - a feeling that you should instantly believe what it’s telling you. I for one will be disappointed if for £29.95 its not telling me the truth about dramatically reducing age spots, freckles, fine lines and wrinkles, leaving my hands plumper, smoother, super soft and hydrated.
So lets have a look at what’s in this hand cream that gives them the confidence to make these bold statements.
1) Line Factor 10 – this is the bit that increases the skin density and firmness, improves the texture and generally smoothes and plumps the skin
2) Uniprosyn PS 18 – makes the wrinkles on our hands appear less deep. Its also a bioactive ingredient that reduces the roughness of our skin and stimulates protein synthesis
3) Phyllanthus Emblica or to you and I Indian Gooseberry! – this lightens the skin giving a brighter more even colour. Also as an antioxidant it eliminates free radical damage
4) Lactic Acid (Isn’t this what you add to milk to make yoghurt?) – in this cream it exfoliates by loosening or breaking up the thick outer layer of the skin, which in turn smoothes the skins texture and stimulates natural skin regeneration. It also acts to hold more water in your skin therefore further reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
5) And finally it has SPF15 to provide UVA/UVB protection against UV rays and free radical damage
So lets recap – this cream will make my hands feel and look younger, with the help of some pretty impressive ingredients and 15 years worth of experience that Skin Doctors have within the specialist skincare business to provide “clinical strength skincare without a prescription”.
Its been 12 days now and my hands still say I’m 43 …………… ! however I can defiantly feel they are smoother and generally have a healthy moisturised feeling.